What you need:
1½ tablespoons coconut oil
¾ cup caster sugar, divided
1 fresh new pineapple, minimize into rings or parts
10 eco-friendly cardamom pods, shelled and seeds taken off
1¾ cups self-increasing flour
4 ounces vegan butter
⅓ cup vegan milk
2 tablespoons floor flasxeed blended with 3 tablespoons warm drinking water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut whipped cream (optional)
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 levels. Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a tiny bowl, combine softened coconut oil and 1½ tablespoons sugar. Rub combination about bottom and halfway up sides of well prepared cake pan. Area pineapple slices throughout bottom and set apart.
3. Grind cardamom seeds to a powder. Into a big mixing bowl, sift floor cardamom with remaining sugar, flour, butter, milk, flaxseed mixture, baking powder, and vanilla, and whisk right until thoroughly mixed and clean.
4. Into the cake pan, pour batter and position into oven for roughly 60 minutes (or right up until evenly risen and a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean).
5. Allow to interesting in the pan for 15 minutes ahead of turning out onto a wire rack to great wholly. Serve with whipped cream, if working with.
Image courtesy of Clare Winfield